Tirokafteri (Olympus Fetta and Capsicum Dip) with Garlic Toasted Pita Triangles
- 300 g Olympus Fetta , roughly chopped
- 180 g store bought char-grilled capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli, halved, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large rounds of pita breads, cut into triangles
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (extra)
- salt and pepper
- parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- In a blender combine Olympus fetta , capsicum and chilli. Blend until smooth.
- Set blender to low and gradually add the olive oil and vinegar to mixture.
- Pour contents of blender into a serving bowl and season.
- Refrigerate the Tirokafteri for 3 hours before serving.
- To make the garlic pita triangles, combine garlic, olive oil and seasoning in a small bowl.
- Using a pastry brush lightly brush pita triangles with garlic oil mixture and place them on an oven tray.
- Toast triangles in a 160oC oven until golden and crisp.
- Serve the Tiroafteri with the warm pitta triangles.