Greek Yoghurt is a delicious dairy product which is full of protein and the goodness of probiotics. It is a great alternative to heavy or buttery sauces for fish, especially in the summer months. We love this simple dressing which is the perfect accompaniment to a lovely piece of salmon either hot smoked or grilled. It is also delectable drizzled over a beautiful salmon salad. The below salad is an easy one to prepare and looks like you went to tremendous effort. The elements can be prepared ahead of time and assembled just before serving. In this example a simple salad of salmon and potatoes comes alive with the creamiest Olympus Greek Yoghurt dressing. If you don’t have hot smoked salmon, a piece of fresh salmon will work just as well. Perfect for a special meal on a hot summer night, or a lovely addition to your barbeque repertoire.
Salmon Salad with Easy Greek Yoghurt Dressing
- 2 Tb fresh dill, chopped finely
- 2 Tb Olympus Greek Unsweetened Yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 handful of flat leaf pasrsley, chopped
- 300 grams baby chat potatoes
- 200 grams baby spinach and rocket leaves
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 Tb pine nuts, almonds or walnuts
- 1 packet hot smoked salmon or 1 large piece of fresh salmon
- In a jug, incorporate yoghurt, mayonnaise and garlic with a fork until smooth. (You can also use a blender if you prefer).
- Add dill and parsley, stirring with a fork to mix.
- Squeeze lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to use.
- Drizzle over fish or use the below recipe to create a delicious salmon salad.
- Boil baby chat potatoes in their skin until just tender and allow to cool.
- In a separate pot, cook 2 eggs for about 10 minutes.
- Allow eggs to cool in their shell under cold water before peeling and quartering.
- Toast your choice of nuts either on the stovetop or in your oven until fragrant and slightly brown (we love pine nuts).
- To assemble, plate up some rocket and baby spinach.
- Add halved potatoes, quartered eggs and nuts.
- Break up hot smoked salmon over the top, sprinkle capers.
- You can add any other salad ingredients you like at this stage. Try avocado, or cherry tomatoes, or green beans too.
- Drizzle salad liberally with our Greek Yoghurt Dressing to serve.