Looking for a simple healthy weeknight meal featuring Olympus Ricotta? This delicious Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Rocket is creamy and satisfying. Ricotta is low fat and high in protein, and a great alternative to heavy cream for your pasta. This dish features a delicate lemony ricotta sauce flavoured beautifully with garlic, pine nuts and freshened with delicious rocket. A dish so simple to make and so tasty, we’re sure you’ll make it again and again.
If you don’t have, or don’t like rocket, baby spinach can also work. We used a fresh linguine because it is light and lets the delicate flavours of the sauce shine through. Add your desired amount of lemon to taste – 1 large lemon may be enough, or 2 small lemons give a fresh burst of citrus.
Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Rocket
- 300 grams fresh linguine
- 300 grams Olympus Ricotta
- 2 small lemons or 1 large lemon
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tb pine nuts
- In a small frying pan, dry roast pine nuts until fragrant and brown. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with hot water, salt and set to boil over a high heat.
- While water is boiling, zest and juice lemon/s
- In a large frying pan, make a garlic-infused oil by warming olive oil, slicing garlic thinly and adding to oil. Fry until warmed and fragrant, but not burnt.
- Turn frying pan to low, remove garlic pieces, keeping oil. Add ricotta and lemon zest to the oil. Combine and keep warm on low temperature.
- Gently add fresh linguine to boiling water, and cook approximately 4 minutes or until al dente.
- Once cooked, drain, reserving pasta water.
- Add pasta to frying pan, along with rocket and pine nuts. Toss to combine, until rocket is wilted.
- Add extra pasta water back in for a saucier result.
- Add lemon juice, season and serve immediately.