For a different take on the classic wrap, why not try adding halloumi. Our halloumi and avocado wrap pairs with chicken breast, and the gorgeous fresh flavours of tomato and coriander. You can also add our easy and tasty spicy yoghurt sauce if you like! Assemble your wrap while your halloumi is cooking. Then add the warm and golden halloumi straight to your wrap to devour immediately. Lunch will be next-level delicious!
If you’d prefer a saucy halloumi and avocado wrap, we often make our spicy yoghurt sauce to go with. It pairs well with chicken and creamy avocado, and the spiciness compliments the halloumi. We recommend Frank’s Hot Sauce (either the Original or Buffalo version) as it has lots of flavour as well as heat. However, we would be very open to trying a local alternative, so if you know of a great Australian hot sauce we should try, please let us know either in the comments or over on our Facebook or Instagram pages! When making your sauce, be sure to taste as you go to ensure it doesn’t end up being too spicy and overpowering everything.
Halloumi and Avocado Wrap with Chicken
- 4 slices Olympus Halloumi
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 Tomato
- 50 grams chicken breast
- 3 pieces lettuce
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander
- 1 wrap or flatbread
Spicy Yoghurt Sauce (Optional)
- 1-2 Tb Frank's hot sauce, to taste
- 2 Tb Olympus Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Tb whole egg mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed a very small clove is perfect!
Spicy Yoghurt Sauce
- Simply combine garlic, Frank's sauce, lemon juice, mayonnaise and yoghurt in a small bowl or jug.
- Set aside for later.
- Lay flatbread or wrap on board
- Chop tomato into bite sized pieces, chop or tear coriander spirgs. Shred lettuce if you like. Set it all aside.
- Dice chicken.
- Open wrap or flatbread on to flat surface, adding chopped ingredients to the middle of the wrap. Be sure to leave enough room at the bottom and sides to tuck and fold.
- Meanwhile, add your slices of halloumi to a non-stick pan (no need for oil) and cook on a medium heat until browned both sides.
- Halve halloumi before adding to wrap.
- Drizzle with your spicy yoghurt sauce.
- To create a nice wrap, fold wrap once from the bottom and then fold one side in, rolling over to the other side.
- Devour while your halloumi is still warm, golden and crisp.