This grilled halloumi and vegetable salad is a delicious way to enjoy summer. Asparagus grilled with creamy eggplant and zucchini and vibrant cherry tomatoes and baby beets, make a delicious combo which will really amp up your veg intake! These vegetables are in abundance in summer, and they happen to go supremely well with halloumi.
While these are all amazing, what makes them even more delicious is a rich, vibrant dressing. Adding pomegranate molasses to your usual balsamic vinegarette really richens the flavour and we highly recommend it!
You can grill all of this on the BBQ if you like, or use a couple of griddle pans, whatever resources you have. Have the dressing and salad leaves all ready to go so you can assemble and dress while it’s all still warm.
Grilled Halloumi and Vegetable Salad
- 1/2 block Olympus Halloumi
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends off
- 2 handfuls mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 baby beets, peeled and roasted until tender we often use pre-cooked beets for this
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tb pomegranate molasses
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make dressing by mixing together all ingredients and set aside.
- Assemble leaves in a shallow plate or bowl.
- Top and tail zucchini and eggplant and slice lengthways.
- Remove woody ends from asparagus.
- Add all to shallow dish along with cherry tomatoes. Cover with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Quarter baby beets and set aside.
- Slice halloumi into approximately 4-5 slices and set aside.
- Heat griddle pan or BBQ plate on a high heat.
- Add zucchini, eggplant and asparagus - in batches if necessary, keeping warm under foil. Add cherry tomatoes until warmed through and lightly charred (don't overcook). Lightly warm baby beets.
- While cooking last vegetables, add halloumi slices to a separate pan. Cook on one side and turn when brown.
- When everything is cooked, slice into generous bite-sized pieces before arranging on your serving plate.
- Serve immediately with your delicious pomegranate-balsamic dressing.