A different take on nachos – enjoy them with the flavours of Greece! These Greek nachos are just as easy to make as regular nachos, but incorporate all those Mediterranean flavours we love. Homemade pita chips are dressed with chopped kalamata olives, salty capers and ripe tomato. Next we cover with oodles of fetta cheese before grilling. To serve, whip up a delicious tzatziki-style garlic-yoghurt sauce to spoon over the top.
This dish incorporates both our creamy Olympus Fetta Cheese, as well as our Greek-Style Unsweetened Yoghurt. It feels a little healthier somehow, without compromising at all on flavour. These are a real crowd pleaser!
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet large rounds of pita breads, cut into triangles
- 1/2 cup Olympus Greek-Style Unsweetened Yoghurt
- 1 large clove garlic clove
- 1 tsp dill, chopped
- 1 Tb lemon juice
- 8 cherry tomatoes or small truss tomatoes
- 8 baby chat potatoes
- 1 Tb capers
- 1/2 cup Olympus Fetta cheese, crumbled or to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Place pita triangles on a large baking tray and brush lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and allow to cool and crisp up further.
- Add Greek yoghurt to a small bowl. and squeeze lemon juice over.
- Sprinkle finely chopped dill and crush one clove of garlic. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Layer pita chips in an ovenproof serving dish.
- Chop tomatoes into quarters (depending on size) and assemble over chips.
- Halve kalamata olives and sprinkle over. Sprinkle capers.
- Crumble fetta cheese over.
- Place dish under the grill and heat until warmed.
- Dollop dish with spoonfuls of garlic-yoghurt sauce and serve immediately.