Over the weekend, we attended the 2018 Queensland Dairy Industry Association of Australia Dairy Awards at Rydges, Southbank. Olympus Cheese was fortunate to have come home with GOLD for our marinated fetta. Five of our products also came home with a silver medal. Queensland’s judging is slightly different than the national pool and the cheeses are grouped together into bigger categories. We are feeling very blessed with our results and were delighted to be amongst so many wonderful cheesemakers, and dairy producers, both big and small. Find out which cheeses impressed the judges below.
Cheese Soft or White Category.
- Olympus Marinated Fetta won GOLD! Our Australian-style fetta is marinated in a garlic and peppercorn oil mixture and it produces a peppery, flavourful fetta which goes beautifully in salads or as part of an antipasto platter. We were stacked against some tough competition, including some of Queensland’s most renowned Brie and Camembert. Well done also to our friends at Maleny Cheese, for also winning gold in this category for their Maleny Camembert product.
- Ricotta won Silver. Our versatile and ultra creamy ricotta product was also a great points scorer, with a high silver in this category.
- Baked Ricotta – Silver. Our yummy baked ricotta came home with silver.
- Olympus Fetta – Silver Creamy fetta is a favourite across the country and we were delighted to see it place silver in this heavy category.
Yoghurt, Natural or Flavoured (Set/Stirred)
- Olympus Natural Yoghurt – Silver. Our natural unsweetened yoghurt is preservative and additive free, and is pot set.
Yoghurt – Greek Style Plain or Flavoured
- Olympus Greek Style Yoghurt – Silver. Our Greek yoghurt scored a high silver. It is also an unsweetened, preservative and additive free pot set yoghurt and a firm favourite of consumers everywhere.
A big thank you to our wonderful team at Olympus Cheese, and to the public for their unwavering support of our great local product.
Why not try our award-winning range of fresh cheese and yoghurt yourself?
While piping hot grilled Halloumi with lemon will always have our heart, we have become quietly obsessed with these super simple and delicious Halloumi & Corn bites. Great for the whole family with minimal prep and bake time. You could even try these in the air...
We've whipped up (see what we did there) a recipe for the best Fetta Whip Dip you'll taste. This dip is perfect parts salty, tangy and creamy and isn't for the weak using both our Fetta and Labneh cheeses. Fetta Whip Dip Food Processor or Blender 150g Fetta100g...
A beautiful fresh pasta salad mixed with Labneh, red onion, semi sundried tomatoes, chives, olives and topped with fetta. Labneh Pasta Salad topped with Fetta 2 tbsp Labneh3 cups cooked pasta20g Fetta 30g Diced Olives30g Semi Sundried Tomatoes3 tbsp chopped Chives1/2...