A gorgeous Olympus Fetta and Sweet Potato Salad with Brown Rice hearty enough to be a complete meal for meat-free Monday or served with a lovely grilled salmon. You can serve with rice or without, but we love the nutty flavour brown rice lends to the dish. It also soaks up all the lovely flavours of the dressing.
You can make this one ahead of time, so that the flavours develop adding the last minute touches right before serving. A great meal with leftovers you can happily take to work.
Fetta & Sweet Potato Salad with Brown Rice
- 2 cups baby spinach and rocket leaves
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 sweet potato, large
- 1/2 cup Olympus fetta
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 Tb olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tb olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tb honey
- 2 Tb balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Scatter almonds on a shallow roasting tray and toast until fragrant and brown (watch carefully so they don't burn). When done set aside.
- Peel sweet potato and chop into large chunks (about 3 cm). Arrange in a shallow roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper .
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes or until tender and browned. Once cooked, leave to cool to room temperature before adding to rice.
- While potatoes are roasting, cook rice until tender. Once cooked, remove to a large bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Finely chop onion and add to rice
- Roughly chop rocket, spinach and parsley and add to bowl along with almonds, cranberries, sweet potato and half the fetta cheese.
- Drizzle salad lightly with dressing, reserving some for serving. Mix all together.
- Lastly, crumble fetta over salad to finish.