Have Halloumi fries been haunting your dreams? Make the most wonderful Halloumi fries with our Olympus Cheese and this ultimate Olympus Cheese Greek Yoghurt dip. They are the perfect starter or side dish to your favourite homemade burger. Enjoy recreating that deep-fried cheesy magic.
Recipe inspired by Goodfood magazine, December 2016
Delicious Halloumi Fries Paired with Olympus Greek Yoghurt Dip
- 3 teaspoons dukkah
- 75 grams plain flour
- 1-2 blocks Olympus Halloumi approx 450g cut into chunky fries
- 1 cup oil, for frying
Greek Yoghurt Dip
- 1/2 cup Olympus Greek Yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, chopped finely
- 1 lemon zested, and then cut into wedges
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the yoghurt with the lemon zest and some seasoning, then swirl through the mint.
- On a plate, stir the dukkah into the flour, then roll the halloumi in the mixture so that it’s evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a shallow, heavy-bottomed pan or casserole dish until 180C on a cooking thermometer, or a piece of bread browns in 20 secs. Working in batches, carefully lower the halloumi into the oil and cook for 2 mins until crisp and golden, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle over the dukkah, and serve with the lemon wedges and the yoghurt sauce for dipping.