Coffee lover? Well, what’s better than a delicious cup of coffee? Nothing, actually. But if you love it that much, why stop at just that? This is a lovely dessert which combines our wonderful Olympus Fresh Ricotta with cream and coffee to make a beautifully easy dessert you can whip up any time. This mousse does not use gelatine, so it is very light and soft. It also has so many variants. We’ve kept this version PG, but you could also add a little alcohol you’d like something a tad more adult. Don’t like coffee? You could replace the coffee with chocolate for a rich substitute. Or why not add both for a mocha flavour? If you’re on a keto diet, this is also a great dessert for you! Simply replace the icing sugar with an alternative like Xylitol (adjust quantities to taste).
What coffee should I use with this ricotta mousse?
For the espresso part, make a properly brewed cup using a good quality coffee – and make it a double. Want a recommendation? We love Bare Coffee – a local Sunshine Coast company who serve up a mean bean and a delicious Cold Pressed Brew!
This is a great dessert that we’re sure you will go back to again and again because it is so simple to make, and great for a sweet treat on a summer night.
Want to keep this recipe? Download our free bundle
Treat yourself to some delicious recipes featuring Olympus ricotta.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Creamy Ricotta Coffee Mousse
- 300 grams Olympus Ricotta, fresh
- 1 cup thickened cream, for whipping
- 3 Tb icing sugar
- 2/4 cup double shot espresso
- 1 heaped tsp instant coffee
- Make your espresso, and allow to cool
- Once cooled, combine Olympus ricotta with espresso and instant coffee in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and set aside
- Whip cream with a handheld mixer or blender until soft peaks form. Add icing sugar to sweeten.
- Add spoonfuls of whipped cream to the ricotta mixture gradually, folding lightly with a spatula. (Try not to lose any of the air from your cream). Once all the cream is folded in, spoon into serving bowls, wide coffee cups or ramekins.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Grate or shave some of your favourite chocolate and pile on top to serve.