A glorious velvety Chocolate and Ricotta tart would be a lovely addition to your Easter celebrations or any special occasion. For Easter, decorate with some white and dark chocolate eggs and a sprinkling of icing sugar. For other celebrations, you could try thick shavings of white and dark chocolate piled in the middle, and a dusting of cooca. Olympus Ricotta is preservative free and oh so creamy. It gives your tart a creamy almost cheesecake-like consistency which is so moreish. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Happy Easter.
Chocolate and Olympus Ricotta Tart
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 500 g Olympus Ricotta
- 2 sheets ready rolled sweet short crust pastry
- 1 pkt small chocolate Easter eggs for decoration
- icing sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200degC.
- Grease a 3cmx24cm fluted round flan tin. Line tin with the sweet short crust pastry.
- Using a fork pierce the pastry to allow air to escape.Place tin onto a baking tray.
- Blind bake pastry case for approx 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180degC.
- To make filling - whisk eggs, sugar and cocoa in a bowl until smooth. Add the Olympus Ricotta and whisk until combined.
- Pour into the pastry case and smooth the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is just set.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place the chocolate and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave (600W) uncovered on medium high for 1-2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Pour over tart, smooth top using a butter knife and refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold.
- Decorate with mini Easter eggs and dust with icing sugar. Serve.