Today is Better Breakfast Day (25 September) and we thought, the best way to celebrate this amazing time of day, is to give you some inspiration for a better breakfast. That’s why, we’re rounding up some delicious ways to use Olympus Cheese products in your breakfast…from the super healthy to the weekend specials. Enjoy!
1. Olympus Fetta and Avocado Toast
Fetta and avo toast is such a yummy breakfast and can be ready in no time. The addition of lemon and your choice of either mint or basil adds a delicious flavour to the dish. Try out our delicious Smashed Avocado and Fetta on Toast Recipe this weekend. It will not dissapoint!
- Half avocado lengthways, de-stone and scoop out the flesh inside.
- Crumble fetta into the bowl and mix
- Tear basil or mint into small pieces (tearing releases the flavour) and fold through the mixture
- Add the juice of half a lemon, tasting as you go until it’s to your liking. We like it lemony!
- Brush the bread with olive oil and place under a hot grill until toasted
- Assemble the fetta mixture onto toasts and serve immediately
2. Fried Breakfast with Smoked Salmon and Olympus Halloumi
There’s nothing better than a fried breakfast when you have the time. This version combines delicious vegetables with Olympus halloumi and the added touch of a little smoked salmon. The perfect balance between healthy and decadent. This recipe for the Ultimate Halloumi Cheese Breakfast, allows you to have two pans on the go at once. If you don’t feel confident, you can use one, using your oven to keep it all warm.
3. Olympus Ricotta Fruit Toast with Honey
Ricotta cheese makes a delicious topping for toast, giving you that extra protein and dairy hit for the day. The beauty of ricotta is that its lightness allows the flavours of whatever you put with it to shine through. Choose a rich fruit bread and top with honey and top with banana and strawberries, or fig, fresh peach, or whatever fruit takes your fancy.
- 4 slices of dense fruit bread
- ½ cup Olympus Ricotta
- 2 Tablespoons of local honey
- 1 small banana
- 1 handful of Queensland strawberries
- Toast bread in your toaster
- Meanwhile, work ricotta cheese in a small bowl so it’s spreadable
- Spread over hot toast
- Drizzle with honey
- Top with peach or your fruit of choice
- Lightly dust with cinnamon to serve.
4. Scrambled Eggs with Olympus Fetta and Ripe Tomatoes
Have you ever made scrambled eggs using fetta cheese? It makes a very creamy scrambled egg! This version is freshened up thanks to the addition of tomatoes. You could also add in herbs of your choice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped chunky or a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 80 g Olympus fetta or buffalo fetta (this has a sharper, earthier flavour)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ onion, chopped finely
- Dried oregano
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, and fry onion until soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes, soften slightly in the pan
- Add oregano
- Pour in eggs, letting the bottom set slightly (about 30 seconds)
- Add crumbled fetta cheese
- Stir mixture gently until it reaches your preferred consistency for scrambled eggs
- Remove from heat just before cooked as will continue to cook in the pan
- Season to serve
5. Smoothie to Go with Olympus Greek Yoghurt
For a morning staple and a great breakfast on the go, you can’t go past a delicious smoothie. Mix it up with whichever fruit you like and experiment with flavours. We love a banana or berry smoothie made with either fresh or frozen fruit. Also try our Natural Yoghurt in place of Greek. For smoothness, add a splash of your favourite milk – cow, almond, coconut or soy. For extra fibre we added oats, but you can omit this if you like. We also love making mango lassis – simply replace banana with flesh of a mango, replace cinnamon with ½ tsp of ground cardamom and squeeze in a little lime.
- 1/2 cup Olympus Unsweetened Greek-Style Yoghurt
- ½ cup of milk of your choice
- 1 banana
- 2 Tb oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of honey or pure maple syrup (try first as your fruit may be sweet enough without it)
- Add all in blender and blend until smooth, adding more milk if necessary to your desired thickness.
Are you looking to stock or shop our great local cheese?
Head to our Stockists Page for more info.
Halloumi is low carb, high protein and very versatile. We look at 5 halloumi cheese keto meal ideas for those on a low carb or keto diet.
Can you eat halloumi raw? Is it any good? Yes, halloumi is okay to eat uncooked. Here’s 3 ways to serve raw halloumi to bring out its best flavours.
A delicious, super quick and hearty Greek style potatoes topped with our creamy Fetta cheese. Greek Style Potatoes 6 Small White Potatoes3 Cloves of Garlic 1 tsp Dried Oregano1 Lemon, zested & juiced1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1/2 Red Onion1/2 Cup Pitted Olives...