Over the weekend, we attended the 2018 Queensland Dairy Industry Association of Australia Dairy Awards at Rydges, Southbank. Olympus Cheese was fortunate to have come home with GOLD for our marinated fetta. Five of our products also came home with a silver medal. Queensland’s judging is slightly different than the national pool and the cheeses are grouped together into bigger categories. We are feeling very blessed with our results and were delighted to be amongst so many wonderful cheesemakers, and dairy producers, both big and small. Find out which cheeses impressed the judges below.
Cheese Soft or White Category.
- Olympus Marinated Fetta won GOLD! Our Australian-style fetta is marinated in a garlic and peppercorn oil mixture and it produces a peppery, flavourful fetta which goes beautifully in salads or as part of an antipasto platter. We were stacked against some tough competition, including some of Queensland’s most renowned Brie and Camembert. Well done also to our friends at Maleny Cheese, for also winning gold in this category for their Maleny Camembert product.
- Ricotta won Silver. Our versatile and ultra creamy ricotta product was also a great points scorer, with a high silver in this category.
- Baked Ricotta – Silver. Our yummy baked ricotta came home with silver.
- Olympus Fetta – Silver Creamy fetta is a favourite across the country and we were delighted to see it place silver in this heavy category.
Yoghurt, Natural or Flavoured (Set/Stirred)
- Olympus Natural Yoghurt – Silver. Our natural unsweetened yoghurt is preservative and additive free, and is pot set.
Yoghurt – Greek Style Plain or Flavoured
- Olympus Greek Style Yoghurt – Silver. Our Greek yoghurt scored a high silver. It is also an unsweetened, preservative and additive free pot set yoghurt and a firm favourite of consumers everywhere.
A big thank you to our wonderful team at Olympus Cheese, and to the public for their unwavering support of our great local product.
Why not try our award-winning range of fresh cheese and yoghurt yourself?
When you have cheese, you can totally win friends with salad! Fetta cheese is a tasty and healthy cheese. It’s rich in calcium and micronutrients and has great benefits for gut health because it is full of probiotics. Health benefits aside, the robust...read more
The weather is heating up, and salad days are almost upon us! If you’re in Queensland like we are, the entertaining season has started already. Spring afternoons fill with barbeques and alfresco dinners with friends. These dinners don’t have to be fancy...read more
There’s something about cheese and friends…it just works somehow 😊 If you’ve got a dinner party happening at your place this weekend, let us sort you out with a few of our favourite recipes to tempt which you can make using the Olympus cheese and yoghurt...read more